Introducing Cumulus Linux
Cumulus Linux is the first full-featured Linux operating system for the networking industry. The Debian Jessie-based, networking-focused distribution runs on hardware produced by a broad partner ecosystem, ensuring unmatched customer choice regarding silicon, optics, cables, and systems.
This user guide provides in-depth documentation on the Cumulus Linux installation process, system configuration and management, network solutions, and monitoring and troubleshooting recommendations. In addition, the quick start guide provides an end-to-end setup process to get you started.
What's New in Cumulus Linux 3.7
Cumulus Linux 3.7 contains a number of new platforms, features and improvements:
- New platforms include:
- QCT QuantaMesh BMS T4048-IX8 (25G Trident 3)
- QCT QuantaMesh BMS T7032-IX7 (100G Trident 3)
- Dell S5248F-ON (25G Trident 3)
- Penguin Arctica 4806xt (10G Trident 2+)
- Line side loopback and Terminal loopback mode for Facebook Voyager troubleshooting
- OVSDB Server High Availability (Early Access)
- RADIUS Change of Authorization (CoA) requests
- RADIUS AAA local fallback authentication
- TACACS+ local fallback authentication
- EVPN enhancements
- New NCLU commands:
For information on bug fixes and known issues present in this release, refer to the product release notes.
Open Source Contributions
To implement various Cumulus Linux features, Cumulus Networks has forked various software projects, like CFEngine,
Netdev and some Puppet Labs packages. The forked code resides in the Cumulus Networks GitHub repository.
Cumulus Networks has also developed and released new applications as open source. The list of open source projects is on the open source software page.
Hardware Compatibility List
You can find the most up-to-date hardware compatibility list (HCL) here. Use the HCL to confirm that your switch model is supported by Cumulus Networks. The HCL is updated regularly, listing products by port configuration, manufacturer, and SKU part number.
Download the User Guide
You can download the current Cumulus Linux User Guide, as well as previous versions, in PDF format:
- Cumulus Linux 3.7.0 User Guide
- Cumulus Linux 3.6.2 User Guide
- Cumulus Linux 3.6.1 User Guide
- Cumulus Linux 3.6.0 User Guide
- Cumulus Linux 3.5.3 User Guide
- Cumulus Linux 3.5.2 User Guide
- Cumulus Linux 3.5.1 User Guide
- Cumulus Linux 3.4.3 User Guide
- Cumulus Linux 3.3.2 User Guide
- Cumulus Linux 3.2.1 User Guide
- Cumulus Linux 3.1.2 User Guide
- Cumulus Linux 3.0.1 User Guide