What is Cumulus Linux?
Cumulus Linux is the first full-featured Linux operating system for the networking industry. The Debian Jessie-based, networking-focused distribution runs on hardware produced by a broad partner ecosystem, ensuring unmatched customer choice regarding silicon, optics, cables, and systems.
This user guide provides in-depth documentation on the Cumulus Linux installation process, system configuration and management, network solutions, and monitoring and troubleshooting recommendations. In addition, the quick start guide provides an end-to-end setup process to get you started.
What's New in this Release?
For information on new features, bug fixes, and known issues present in this release, refer to the product release notes.
Open Source Contributions
To implement various Cumulus Linux features, Cumulus Networks has forked various software projects, like CFEngine,
Netdev and some Puppet Labs packages. The forked code resides in the Cumulus Networks GitHub repository.
Cumulus Networks has also developed and released new applications as open source. The list of open source projects is on the open source software page.
Hardware Compatibility List
You can find the most up-to-date hardware compatibility list (HCL) here. Use the HCL to confirm that your switch model is supported by Cumulus Networks. The HCL is updated regularly, listing products by port configuration, manufacturer, and SKU part number.
Download the User Guide
You can download the Cumulus Linux 3.7.6 User Guide in PDF format.
Previous versions of the user guide are also available in PDF format:
- Cumulus Linux 3.7.5 User Guide
- Cumulus Linux 3.7.4 User Guide
- Cumulus Linux 3.7.3 User Guide
- Cumulus Linux 3.7.2 User Guide
- Cumulus Linux 3.7.0 User Guide
- Cumulus Linux 3.6.2 User Guide
- Cumulus Linux 3.6.1 User Guide
- Cumulus Linux 3.6.0 User Guide
- Cumulus Linux 3.5.3 User Guide
- Cumulus Linux 3.5.2 User Guide
- Cumulus Linux 3.5.1 User Guide
- Cumulus Linux 3.4.3 User Guide
- Cumulus Linux 3.3.2 User Guide
- Cumulus Linux 3.2.1 User Guide
- Cumulus Linux 3.1.2 User Guide
- Cumulus Linux 3.0.1 User Guide