Cumulus VX Support Policy
As a Cumulus Linux customer, you can now receive formal GSS support for Cumulus VX instances used to:
- Test and stage network topologies before deploying to production.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and correct issues with configurations and software bugs in Cumulus VX that might also apply to Cumulus Linux running on physical devices.
Analyze, troubleshoot, and correct issues with Cumulus VX if behaving differently than physical devices.
This does not apply in scenarios where it is not possible to emulate physical hardware with virtualization.
Cumulus Networks does not provide support for the following:
- Cumulus VX instances used in a production environment.
- Virtualization environments, including installation, setup, and configuration.
- Automation tool playbooks, including creation and troubleshooting.
- Performance or scalability issues related to network traffic running through Cumulus VX instances.
For non-customers, Cumulus VX remains a community-supported product, with no formal support obligations from Cumulus Networks. You can submit questions to the Cumulus Networks community forums (hosted and moderated by Cumulus Networks) or to the community Slack channel to engage with the forums and wider community.