Focus Your Monitoring Using Workbenches
Workbenches are an integral structure of the Cumulus NetQ application. They are where you collect and view the data that is important to you.
There are two types of workbenches:
- Default: Provided by Cumulus Networks for use as they exist; changes made to these workbenches cannot be saved
- Custom: Created by application users when default workbenches need some adjustments to better meet your needs or a completely different collection of cards is wanted; changes made to these workbenches can be saved
Both types of workbenches display a set of cards. Both types of workbenches are created on a per user basis (private) and are only viewable that user.
In this release, only one default workbench is available, the Cumulus Workbench, to get you started. It contains Device Inventory, Switch Inventory, Alarm and Info Events, and Network Health cards, giving you a high-level view of how your network is operating.
On initial login, the Cumulus Workbench is opened. On subsequent logins, the last workbench you had displayed is opened.
You can create and save as many workbenches as suit your needs. For example, create a workbench that:
- shows all of the selected cards for the past week and one that shows all of the selected cards for the past 24 hours
- only has data about your virtual overlays; EVPN plus events cards
- has selected switches that you are troubleshooting
- focused on application or user account management
Create a Workbench
To create a workbench:
Click in the workbench header.
Enter a name for the workbench.
Move the toggle switch to the right to make the workbench public, or leave the switch as is to keep it private. By default, workbenches are private on creation.
Click Create to open the new workbench, or Cancel to discard the workbench.
Refer to Access Data with Cards for information about interacting with cards on your workbenches.
Save a Workbench
Once you have created a custom workbench, you can save any changes you make to it.
To save a workbench:
When you have the workbench open, click in the workbench header.
Click Yes to save the changes, or click Cancel to discard your changes.