Manage Switches through Their Lifecycle
Only administrative users can perform the tasks described in this topic.
As an administrator, you want to manage the deployment of Cumulus Networks product software onto your network devices (servers, appliances, and switches) in the most efficient way and with the most information about the process as possible.
Using the NetQ UI or CLI, lifecycle management enables you to:
- Manage Cumulus Linux and NetQ images in a local repository
- Configure switch access credentials (required for installations and upgrades)
- Manage Cumulus Linux switch inventory and roles
- Create snapshots of the network state at various times
- Create Cumulus Linux switch configurations, with or without network templates
- Create NetQ configuration profiles
- Upgrade NetQ (Agents and CLI) on Cumulus Linux switches with NetQ Agents version 2.4.x or later
- Install or upgrade NetQ (Agents and CLI) on Cumulus Linux switches with or without NetQ Agents; all in a single job
- Upgrade Cumulus Linux 3.x to later 3.x or 4.x on switches with NetQ Agents version 2.4.x or later (includes upgrade of NetQ to 3.x)
- View a result history of upgrade attempts
This feature is fully enabled for on-premises deployments and fully disabled for cloud deployments. Contact your local Cumulus Networks sales representative or submit a support ticket to activate LCM on cloud deployments.
Access Lifecycle Management Features
To manage the various lifecycle management features using the NetQ UI, open the Manage Switch Assets page in one of the following ways:
- Click , then select Manage Switches
- Click in a workbench header
- Click (Switches) in a workbench header, then select Manage switches
The Manage Switch Assets view provides access to switch management, image management, and configuration management features as well as job history. Each tab provides cards that let the administrator manage the relevant aspect of switch assets.
To manage the various lifecycle management features using the NetQ CLI, use the
netq lcm command set.
This table summarizes the UI cards and CLI commands available for the LCM feature.
NetQ UI Cards
NetQ CLI Commands
|Switch Management||Discover switches, view switch inventory, assign roles, set user access credentials, perform software installation and upgrade networkwide|
|Image Management||View, add, and remove images for software installation and upgrade|
|Configuration Management||Set up templates for software installation and upgrade, configure and assign switch settings networkwide|
|Job History||View the results of installation, upgrade, and configuration assignment jobs|