This document supports the Cumulus Linux 4.2 release, and lists new platforms and features.
- For a list of all the platforms supported in Cumulus Linux 4.2, see the Hardware Compatibility List (HCL).
- For a list of open and fixed issues in Cumulus Linux 4.2, see the Cumulus Linux 4.2 Release Notes.
- To upgrade to Cumulus Linux 4.2, follow the steps in Upgrading Cumulus Linux.
What’s New in Cumulus Linux 4.2.1
Cumulus Linux 4.2.1 supports a new platform, provides bug fixes, and contains certain enhancements.
- Mellanox SN4700 (Spectrum-3)
- The Mellanox SN3700 Spectrum-2 switch now supports 200G (100G was supported previously)
- EVPN multihoming is now generally available on Mellanox switches
- Inter-VRF route leaking is now ASIC accelerated by default
What’s New in Cumulus Linux 4.2.0
Cumulus Linux 4.2.0 supports new platforms, provides bug fixes, and contains several new features and improvements.
- Mellanox SN4600C (100G Spectrum-3)
- Mellanox SN3420 (25G Spectrum-2)
New Features and Enhancements
- EVPN multihoming, supported on Mellanox switches, is a standards-based replacement for MLAG in data centers deploying Clos topologies - this feature is available for Early Access
- Auto BGP, which automatically assigns ASNs to switches in a two-tier leaf and spine environment
- Mandatory cumulus user default password change upon first login
- New ONIE command line options to set the cumulus user default password, add a license, and provide initial network configuration
- Ability to edit the Cumulus Linux image file
- Ability to set the CPU as a SPAN destination interface
- ECMP and LAG custom hash parameters have been moved to the
/etc/cumulus/datapath/traffic.conffile and no longer require a
- DSCP-based packet matching in PBR rules
- Link pause and priority flow control are now supported on the Edgecore Minipack-AS8000
Cumulus Networks does not support these platforms in Cumulus Linux 4.2. They are supported in Cumulus Linux 3.7, until that release reaches its end of life.
- Cumulus Express CX-10256-S/Edgecore OMP-800 (100G Tomahawk)
- Dell S6000-ON (40G Trident2)
- EdgeCore Wedge-100 (100G Tomahawk)
- Facebook Backpack (100G Tomahawk)
- Facebook Voyager (100G Tomahawk)
- Delta AG7648
- Edgecore AS4610-54T-B
- QCT QuantaMesh BMS T3048-LY8
- QCT QuantaMesh BMS T3048-LY9