This document supports the Cumulus Linux 4.3 release, and lists new platforms and features.
- For a list of all the platforms supported in Cumulus Linux 4.3, see the Hardware Compatibility List (HCL).
- For a list of open and fixed issues in Cumulus Linux 4.3, see the Cumulus Linux 4.3 Release Notes.
- To upgrade to Cumulus Linux 4.3, follow the steps in Upgrading Cumulus Linux.
What’s New in Cumulus Linux 4.3.0
Cumulus Linux 4.3.0 provides bug fixes, and contains several new features and enhancements.
New Features and Enhancements
- Smart System Manager enables you to upgrade and troubleshoot an active switch with minimal disruption to the network
- BGP enhancements:
- DHCP snooping
- QoS enhancements:
- Mellanox WJH commands enable you to troubleshoot and diagnose network issues
- Cumulus User Experience (CUE) is an early access feature currently in ALPHA and open to customer feedback
- Docker runtime is packaged by default with Cumulus Linux
- Troubleshooting guide for layer 1 issues affecting the port modules connecting switches to networks.
- NCLU commands for SPAN and ERSPAN
- DoRoCE command enables you to configure RoCE with PFC and ECN on all interfaces
- Incremental nonatomic updates are now supported on NVIDIA Mellanox switches
- New SNMP MIB for BGP unnumbered peers
- Multicast routing over VXLAN is now supported on NVIDIA Mellanox switches
These platforms are not supported in Cumulus Linux 4.3. They are supported in Cumulus Linux 3.7, until that release reaches its end of life.
- Cumulus Express CX-10256-S/Edgecore OMP-800 (100G Tomahawk)
- Dell S6000-ON (40G Trident2)
- EdgeCore Wedge-100 (100G Tomahawk)
- Facebook Backpack (100G Tomahawk)
- Facebook Voyager (100G Tomahawk)
- Delta AG7648
- QCT QuantaMesh BMS T3048-LY8
- QCT QuantaMesh BMS T3048-LY9