This document supports the Cumulus Linux 4.1 release and lists the new platforms and features.
- For a list of all the platforms supported in Cumulus Linux 4.1, see the Hardware Compatibility List (HCL).
- For a list of open and fixed issues in Cumulus Linux 4.1, see the Cumulus Linux 4.1 Release Notes.
- To upgrade to Cumulus Linux 4.1, follow the steps in Upgrading Cumulus Linux.
What’s New in Cumulus Linux 4.1.1
Cumulus Linux 4.1.1 contains security bug fixes.
What’s New in Cumulus Linux 4.1.0
Cumulus Linux 4.1.0 supports new platforms, provides bug fixes, and contains several new features and improvements.
- Dell 5212F-ON (25G Trident3 X5)
- Mellanox SN2010 with 32G RAM (25G Spectrum)
New Features and Enhancements
- Static and dynamic NAT
- Configuration to disable EVPN flooding
- Dynamic access control lists for 802.1X interfaces at the port level
- Unequal Cost Multipath (UCMP) with BGP link bandwidth
- Syntax checker for the /etc/cumulus/datapath/traffic.conf file
- Port security also now supported on Mellanox switches
- EVPN PIM also now supported on Mellanox switches
- Port breakout configuration without restarting
switchdon Mellanox switches
- Custom layer 2 RASH heavy profiles available on Mellanox switches
- Control link-local multicast across a static VXLAN tunnel
- IPv6 route replacement option to maintain resilient hashing for IPv6 flows
- Default reserved VLAN range reduced to 3600-3999
- The default MTU has changed to 9216 from 1500
- New NCLU commands:
net show neighbors,
net show sensor output,
net show system leds
net show system asic,
net show system ztp