This document supports the Cumulus Linux 4.0 release, and lists new platforms and features.
- For complete details on the differences between Cumulus Linux 4.0 and Cumulus Linux 3.7, see this article.
- For a list of all the platforms supported in Cumulus Linux 4.0, see the Hardware Compatibility List (HCL).
- For a list of open and fixed issues in Cumulus Linux 4.0, see the Cumulus Linux 4.0 Release Notes.
- To upgrade to Cumulus Linux 4.0, follow the steps in Upgrading Cumulus Linux.
What’s New in Cumulus Linux 4.0
Cumulus Linux 4.0 supports new platforms, provides bug fixes, and contains several new features and improvements:
- EdgeCore Minipack AS8000 (100G Tomahawk3)
- Mellanox SN3700C (100G Spectrum-2)
- Mellanox SN3700 (200G Spectrum-2): Cumulus Linux 4.0 currently supports 100G speed
- HPE SN2745M (100G Spectrum)
New Features and Enhancements
- The Cumulus Linux operating system is now based on Debian Buster (version 10) with a 4.19 kernel.
- Capability to apt-get upgrade to a specific 4.x.y release, not just the latest (for use in future Cumulus Linux releases)
- EVPN BUM traffic handling using PIM-SM on Broadcom switches
- PIM active-active with MLAG
- Port security on Broadcom switches
- What Just Happened WJH for Mellanox switches to stream detailed and contextual telemetry for off-box analysis with tools such as NetQ
- New backup and restore utility
- Advertise Primary IP Address for type-5 routes in EVPN symmetric deployments (VXLAN active-active mode)
- BGP best path reason shown in command outputs
- The following default settings have changed:
Cumulus Networks does not support these platforms in Cumulus Linux 4.0. They are supported in Cumulus Linux 3.7 until that release reaches its end of life.
- Cumulus Express CX-10256-S/Edgecore OMP-800 (100G Tomahawk)
- Dell S6000-ON (40G Trident2)
- EdgeCore Wedge-100 (100G Tomahawk)
- Facebook Backpack (100G Tomahawk)
- Facebook Voyager (100G Tomahawk)
The following platforms are supported in Cumulus Linux 3.7 but are not yet supported in Cumulus Linux 4.0. Cumulus Networks will add support for these platforms in a future Cumulus Linux release.
- Dell N3048EP-ON
- Dell S4128F-ON
- Dell S4128T-ON
- Dell S4148F-ON
- Dell S4148T-ON
- Dell S5048F-ON
- Dell Z9100-ON
- Delta AG7648
- Delta AG9032v1
- Delta AG9032v2
- Edgecore AS4610-54P
- Edgecore AS4610-54T
- Edgecore AS4610-54T-B
- Edgecore AS5712-54X
- Edgecore AS7312-54XS
- Edgecore AS7712-32X
- Mellanox SN2010
- Mellanox SN2100
- Penguin Arctica 3200xlp
- Penguin Arctica 4804ip
- Penguin Arctica 4804iq
- Penguin Arctica 4806xp
- QCT QuantaMesh BMS T4048-IX2
- QCT QuantaMesh T1048-LY4R
- QCT QuantaMesh BMS T5032-LY6-x86
- QCT QuantaMesh BMS T3048-LY7
- QCT QuantaMesh BMS T3048-LY8
- QCT QuantaMesh BMS T3048-LY9
- SuperMicro SSE-C3632S
- SuperMicro SSE-G3648B
- SuperMicro SSE-X3648S